Ontario Cycling will be hosting a 2-day Para-Cycling Fall Weekend Camp for athletes actively training and competing at the Provincial and National level. The 2-day camp will consist of group rides with coaching guidance and support. We will have a pre-camp zoom call to review the agenda in more detail and take into consideration individual needs and align with athlete YTP’s. The 2-day camp will also include several group presentations and meetings to outline the 2024 OC para-cycling program and provide opportunities to learn from each other and create a training group for alignment throughout the Winter months.
OC Camp Support
October 14-15th, 2023
Maximum 12 athletes
$50 Registration (out-of-town athletes will receive a discount code)
Julie Hutsebaut, additional coaches TBD
Interested athletes are asked to email inquiries to Amber Hutchinson – OC Technical Lead.
- To foster the para-cycling community through training opportunities and development of skills and tactics to improve individual performances
- To increase the talent pool of para-cyclist entering into Ontario performance programming
- To provide a talent identification opportunity for provincial program coaches
- To present the 2024 OC para-cycling program and build alignment within a training group of Ontario Para-cyclists.
Tentative Schedule (Subject to change)
- Session 1 – 9:00-10:30 AM // Outside Ride
Focus – Effective Warm Up Strategies for all Races
ATP-CP and <LT1 Endurance Session
- Session 2 – 1:00-3:30 PM // Indoor Meeting
OC 2024 Para Program Outline including Nationals and additional race projects, Try-it, Track Access, Winter Camps, Meet the coach(es), Meet the Athletes, Try on Kit, YTP Para Program presented.
Cycling Canada Program, Selection Events, Standards and how to qualify for World Cups, Para-Pan-Am’s etc.
- Group Dinner
- Session 1 – 9:00-11:30 AM // Outside Ride
Asticou Parking Lot
Long ride with Hill Repeats up Pink’s Lake Hill on Parkway
- Session 2 – 1:00 – 2:30 PM // Indoor Meeting Athlete Experience and Discussions
Next Steps, Build a Zwift Training Group