National Coaches Week Sept 16-24
National Coaches Week (NCW) is just around the corner! There’s no better time to recognize and celebrate the integral role coaches play and the tremendous positive impact they have on athletes and communities across Canada. With virtual activities held across the country to celebrate coaching, NCW provides coaches the recognition they deserve for all the time they devote to ensuring people in Canada can live an active, healthy lifestyle.
How you can take part:
- Explore the Participation Guide: The National Coaches Week Participation Guide contains everything you need to make National Coaches Week a success for your coach, team, and organization. Browse the Marketing Toolkit for a better view of the available material.
- Enjoy FREE or discounted NCCP education: This National Coaches Week we’re saying #ThanksCoach with FREE eLearning! Each day throughout National Coaches Week we’re highlighting free multi-sport eLearning modules to support coaches in continuing their Professional Development. Log in daily to the Locker to get started!
Note: The paid eLearning modules must be initiated on the day indicated above to take advantage of the free offer.
*These eLearning modules are available for free throughout the year.
Throughout National Coaches Week, coaches have the valuable opportunity to enrich their coaching acumen through complimentary NCCP (National Coaching Certification Program) education. To access these modules for free, you must start the module on the date indicated below:
- Saturday, Sept 16 – NCCP Making Headway in Sport*
- Sunday, Sept 17 – NCCP Emergency Action Plan module*
- Monday, Sept 18 – NCCP Coach Initiation in Sport*
- Tuesday, Sept 19 – NCCP Creating a Positive Sport Environment
- Wednesday, Sept 20 – NCCP Sport Nutrition
- Thursday, Sept 21 – NCCP Coaching Athletes with a Disability
- Friday, Sept 22 – NCCP Leading Drug Free Sport
- Saturday, Sept 23 – Mental Health in Sport*
- Sunday, Sept 24 – Support Through Sport*
Feel free to explore our well-received all-time free eLearning modules, including:
The following 4 NCCP multi-sport modules have been revised with an added emphasis on mental health and are also being delivered for free in-person and online until March 31, 2024, as part of the CAC’s Mental Health and Sport Project:
- Say #ThanksCoach on social media: Follow National Coaches Week on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using #CoachesWeek and #ThanksCoach. You can search in the Instagram for the “National Coaches Week’ GIF, available in the platform’s library, to celebrate this week!
- Join a community event: Organize a community event to say #ThanksCoach, or join one taking place in your province or territory. Connect with your local P/TCR or National Sport Organization to learn more about their National Coaches Week events.