Ontario Cycling will be hosting a Female Mountain Bike Development Camp on Sept 17-18, 2022 at Kelso Conservation in Milton, Ontario. This 2-day development camp is a female-only initiative. Riders must be between the ages of 13-17 in 2022, with race experience and the physical ability to complete long climbs.
The 2-day camp will consist of:
- Technical skill sessions
- Mental performance skills
- Yoga for recovery
- Group talks on training and performance related topics
- Group meals
- Overnight hotel accommodations on Sat Sept 17th.
This camp will have a subsidized participation fee of $100. Athletes will be sent an invoice following the camp.
- Provide an intensive learning experience for female mountain bike riders, aged 13-17
- Enhance technical skills in a low-stress and controlled environment
- Learn appropriate mental skills that will improve training and performance
- Engage women coaches across the province to connect, collaborate, and work together
- Lead Coach – Roxy Slotegraaf
- Coach – Sue Haviland
- Coach & Guest Speaker – Molly Hurford
- Mental Performance Consultant – Fiona Meikle