Save The Date
Ontario Cycling, with support from Canadian Sport Institute Ontario (CSIO) & Coaches Association of Ontario (CAO), is proud to announce the Performance Coach Conference on December 2nd & 3rd in Scarborough, ON. This conference invites coaches that work within High Performance & Competition Development athlete streams to attend. Presented by leading experts from Canadian Sport Institute Ontario, the areas of Sport Physiology, Sport Nutrition & Strength & Conditioning will be discussed along with the application of sport science and key concepts into coaching practices.
Speakers and Topics
- Application of Sport Physiology – Ollie Armstrong, Sport Physiologist (CSIO)
- Part 1, Training Zones
- Part 2, Periodization
- Fueling Rates and Differences in Training Intensities – Kevin Iwasa-Madge, Sport Nutritionist (CSIO/CC)
- Coaching implications of Fueling Rates and Differences in Training Intensities – Jenny Trew, High Performance Coach
- Torque/Cadence Relationship – Greg Lewandowski, Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSIO/CC)
- Application of Torque/Cadence Data – Stephen McMullan, Track Sprint Coach (CSIO/CC)
- Concurrent Training – Greg Lewandowski, Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSIO/CC)
Coach Breakout rooms
Coaches will be provided the opportunity to join breakout rooms with each speaker for individualized and small group discussion and Q&A opportunities.
- Physiology and YTP Planning – Ollie Armstrong, Sport Physiologist (CSIO)
- Sport Nutrition – Kevin Iwasa-Madge, Sport Nutritionist (CSIO/CC)
- Strength & Conditioning – Greg Lewandowski, Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSIO/CC)
- Sport Biomechanics – Will George, Biomechanist (CSIO/CC)
- Female Coaches – Jenny Trew, High Performance Coach
Additional Information & Cost Structure
NCCP Professional Development (PD) Points will be issued to all coaches attending the Conference.
- Register with the Early bird cost of $85.00 until Monday October 9th.
- After Monday October 9th, the conference cost is $100.00.
Coaches that primarily work with para-cyclists and coaches that identify as part of an equity seeking group (BIPOC, 2SLGBTQ+), can receive 25% off the conference ticket price. Please reach out to Alex Roger for inquiries & more information.
Non-Member Registration will open on November 1, 2023.