Ontario Cycling will be hosting a Madison Clinic on Saturday December 3rd, 2022 at the Mattamy National Cycling Center in Milton, Ontario. This clinic is open to all track cyclists that have prior experience practicing or racing the Madison. Athletes must be between the ages of 14-18 in 2022. This clinic has a capacity of 30 participants.
- David Jack – Ontario Cycling Provincial Coach
- Tim Hadfield – Former National Team Member
- Several apprentice and support coach roles will be available – please express your interest in supporting the clinic.
- Holding the wheel
- Exchange timing
- 1 pm-1:30 pm – Arrive at velodrome and set up in cycling D
- 1:30 pm – Video review of Madison
- 1:45 pm – Athlete does roller own activation/roller warm up
- 2:10 pm – Introductions and review of expectations for the training day plus physical walk through of hand slings
- 2:30 pm – Track Time
- 4:30 pm – Debrief with coaches in Cycling D
- 4:45 pm – Athletes clean up area and go home
The deadline to apply is Sunday Nov 27th, 2022. Selected athletes will be notified Tuesday Nov 29, 2022