Every Monday and Tuesday at 8:05pm EST, Cycling Canada will host Weekly Zwift Tune-up Rides, open to all skill levels and abilities on rotating courses. Monday will be open to all on the public Zwift events calendar, and Tuesday will be a women’s-only ride. Course offerings will vary from week to week in an effort to provide a well-rounded mix of training opportunities for Zwifters of all backgrounds.
The weekly tune-up will be a medium-paced social ride which will aim to maintain an average power output of 1.5-2.0w/kg. The objective is to create a fun and interactive community atmosphere with regular efforts to build fitness. The ride can incorporate intermittent interval work above and below the advertised power range with dedicated time for recovery/regroup following each effort.
Cycling Canada is seeking experienced Zwifters to act as ride leaders for each of their weekly rides! Ride leaders are encouraged to name a “sweeper” to join them in a co-leading capacity and will have the opportunity to do-so on this form. Leaders and Sweepers will be assigned for 2-week blocks and will be expected to keep the group together while offering a fun atmosphere. Ride leader resource documents are available and can be accessed at the end of this application.
This application covers all of Cycling Canada’s Zwift Rides from November 28th to January 24th. Applicants who submit this form before November 18th will be given priority, however we will continue to accept applications on a rolling basis.
This application period encompasses all group rides from November 28th to January 23rd, and the deadline to submit applications will be November 18th, 2022. A second round of applications will open in early January for all remaining rides until April. Attached is Cycling Canada’s “Zwift Ride Leader Resource Guide” to answer any questions that prospective ride leaders may have.
- We have pre-assigned some ride leaders to ensure that we could start the season strong
- The application has been shared directly with all ride leaders from last season
- We do our best to assign ride leaders in 2-week blocks. This allows leaders to get their footing during their first week, and deliver confidently in their second week.
- Cycling Canada will periodically try to incorporate Special Guest Riders from our pool of national team athletes, Olympians, and Legends.
- To sign up for Cycling Canada Zwift rides/races, click here or look for the events on the Zwift Companion App.
- New for this year, we will have draw prizes for Ride Leaders and Sweepers. Prizes are provided by Cycling Canada partner Wahoo
As the season progresses, we will seek to implement some of Zwift’s newer features including their club feature, handcycle integrations, as well as a club/team race series.