- This event has passed.
Team Ontario – Provincial Female MTB Development Camp
September 17, 2022 - September 18, 2022
Ontario Cycling will be hosting a Female Mountain Bike Development Camp on Sept 17-18, 2022 (rain dates September 24-25) at Kelso Conservation in Milton, Ontario. This 2-day development camp is a female-only initiative. Riders must be between the ages of 13-17 in 2022, with race experience and the physical ability to complete long climbs.
The 2-day camp will consist of:
- Technical skill sessions
- Mental performance skills
- Yoga for recovery
- Group talks on training and performance related topics
- Group meals
- Overnight hotel accommodations on Sat Sept 17th.
Please complete the camp application. Applications are due Monday September 5th at 5pm. Selected athletes will be notified Friday Sept 9th. This camp will have a subsidized participation fee of $100. Athletes will be sent an invoice following the camp.
- Provide an intensive learning experience for female mountain bike riders, aged 13-17
- Enhance technical skills in a low-stress and controlled environment
- Learn appropriate mental skills that will improve training and performance
- Engage women coaches across the province to connect, collaborate, and work together
- Lead Coach – Roxy Slotegraaf
- Coach – Sue Haviland
- Coach & Guest Speaker – Molly Hurford
- Mental Performance Consultant – Fiona Meikle
*Female apprentice coach roles are available for this camp – please contact Amber Hutchinson at [email protected]