Ontario Cycling and the National Cycling Institute Milton will continue hosting a high-performance track program for identified athletes in the 2023-24 season. The Ontario Track Development Academy is designed to provide athletes an enhanced training environment involving quality coaching, on-track training, and sport science integration including prescribed in monitored strength and conditioning.
- To assess and identify athletes with the potential of achieving a Cycling Canada junior time standard within 1-3 years
- To provide identified athletes with a best in class training environment to maximize athlete performances
- To transition athletes from provincial into national team programming
- 5:00-6:00pm – Strength and Conditioning Session [CSIO Gym]
- 6:30pm – 8:30pm – On-track training
- Saturdays – Specific skills camps hosted Nov, Dec, Jan (1x/month).
- Full program $1200
Full payment or 50% due Oct. 31, 2023
*Athletes starting in January will be charged the instalment #1 fee [includes kit/clothing].
Athletes selected to join at any other point will have a prorated fee
Fee includes: All coaching, on-track training, identified camps, S+C programming and CSIO gym access, skinsuit and clothing, and sport science workshops.
Athlete Applications & Selection Process
Interested athletes must complete an online application by Sunday Sept 10th
Athletes meeting the athlete profile below will be invited to attend a minimum of 2 assessment sessions [Sep 26, Oct 3, Oct 10]
Athletes will be selected based on the priority criteria below. Final selections will be announced no later than Friday Oct. 13th
- Athletes age 16-18 in 2024 [exceptions considered]
- Athletes with race experience at O-Cup level or higher
- Athletes with demonstrated track skill, knowledge, and tactics
- Athletes with demonstrated success in other endurance-based cycling sports [outside of track]
- Athletes with goal of representing Canada at Junior World Championships within 1-3 years
Please find specific details and selection criteria in the document attached.
Please direct any questions about this project to Amber Hutchinson, OC Technical Lead