May 24, 2022
Ontario Cycling will be supporting a Team Ontario project to the 2022 Canadian MTB Championships in Oro, ON. The project will support men’s and women’s teams in the U17, U19, and U23 categories.
Athletes will receive on-site support with pre-race training, race plans, and mechanical support (including bike preparation prior to race). Selected athletes will be required to make their own transportation and accommodation arrangement to Oro.
- To support athletes in achieving a podium performance
- To develop MTB racing experience at a national level competition
- To help prepare selected athletes for upcoming Canada Games
- To place athletes within the National Team World Championship Pool
Final selections will be based on the following criteria:
- Athletes achieving Top 8 ranking in each of the Men’s and Women’s U17, U19, and U23 categories at one or both selection events:
a.) Baie Saint Paul Canada Cup (June 3-5, 2022)
b.) Sherbrooke Canada Cup (July 17, 2022)
- Athletes selected to Team Ontario (MTB) for the 2022 Canada Summer Games
- Coach/Committee selection. Consideration will be placed on the following, in priority order:
a.) Results at Canada Cup MTB Series
b.) Racing experience of athletes at high level events in 2021/22
c.) Results at 2022 O-Cup races
- Athletes who have race results at international level races. The Provincial coach and/or the HP committee will determine which races qualify.
*Identified athletes will be prioritized ONLY if they have maintained performance and training which allows them to positively contribute to the success of the team
*Please note – criteria is subject to change as approved by the High Performance Committee due to cancellation/addition of events or other reasons which require changes.