Ontario Cycling will be supporting female athletes on Ontario Teams/Clubs planning to attend Green Mountain Stage Race, Sept 1-3, 2023. The intention is, rather than sending an official “Team Ontario” that is limited to 6 athletes, this initiative can help more athletes and coaches gain experience at a high level stage race. The amount of financial support will vary depending on several factors including level of coach certification, inclusion of female coaches, etc. All registered Ontario teams/clubs are eligible to apply as well as any composite Ontario teams
To maximize the number of female athletes exposed to high-level road race competition and to encourage team/club support for these athletes.
- Increase the number of athletes/coaches with stage racing and team management experience
- Increase quantity and quality of competition exposure opportunities for targeted athletes
- Improve communication and collaboration among Ontario clubs and race teams
- Club/Team in good standing with Ontario Cycling
- Club/Team coach must:
- Be minimum NCCP Introduction to Competition Trained
- Complete NCCP Safe Sport Module
- Complete CCES True Sport Module
- Complete/Submit a Criminal Record Check to OC within the past 3 years for all coaches involved in programming [OC can arrange for an online CRC for a cost of $25]
- Club/Team President/Coach must agree to adhere to the standards of practice as outlined in the OC High Performance Guidelines
- Club/Team athletes involved in initiative must:
- hold a UCI License issued by Ontario
- Athletes and coaches will be eligible to receive subsidy support (issued directly to the athlete or coach) based on the following. COACHES are responsible for submitting the request on behalf of the athlete.
Ontario licensed U17/U19 female athletes
Coaches (must be supporting athlete at the race)
Ontario Intro. to Comp. Certified Coach
Ontario Performance Comp. Certified Coach
- Coaches are required to complete the application on behalf of their athletes using the online form below. Please have applications completed by August 18, 2023. Payments will not be issued until after the event. A follow-up reporting form may be requested.