Ontario Cycling is conducting a Winter Endurance Camp Call for Interest. The camp will provide 7-10 days of early-season base miles under the support and direction of certified coaches and experienced ride leaders. The camp will take place in mid to late February [i.e. Feb. 12-24] in a North American warm weather location.
Recognizing athletes have different needs, schedules, and previous commitments, we are requesting anyone interested in attending complete the EOI below. Based on this information we will be able to establish the best option to accommodate athletes (a selection criteria may be required prior to any final selections).
- To provide athletes with an opportunity to build their aerobic base through structured endurance rides
- To improve athlete pack riding skills and etiquette
- To expose athletes to a training camp environment and develop off-bike skills required to be a quality training partner and teammate
- To develop proper warm-up/cool-down and self-care practices to support riding health and minimize injury
Athlete Profile [8-12 athletes will be selected]
- 15 – 22 years old in 2024
- Strong performance/experience at domestic and international competitions
- Demonstrated commitment to the sport of cycling (coach in place, structure training program being followed, established goals for 2024)
- Previous experience in Ontario Cycling camps/programs (preferred but not required)
Application and Selection Criteria
All interested athletes are asked to complete the online APPLICATION by December 31, 2023.
Information will be reviewed and a decision will be made regarding the next steps for the camp by early January.