Ride Leader Training:
Ontario Cycling Clubs and Members interested in leading sanctioned club rides are encouraged to register for the Ontario Cycling’s Ride Leader Training Course to help develop good club ride practices and obtain the knowledge and skills in order to pass them on to other potential group ride leaders within their respective clubs. This course is designed to meet the needs of the Ontario Cycling Association requirements for club affiliation by following guidelines outlined in the club’s risk management and ride guide outlines.
This course will cover:
- Risk Management
- Club Ride Guides
- Safe Riding Practices
- Ride Coordinator Responsibilities
- Ride Leader Responsibilities
- Troubleshooting Difficult Situations
- Managing Groups of Different Ability Levels
- In Person Ride Simulations (postponed due to COVID-19 Pandemic)
Upon completion of this course, we encourage our participants to pass on their acquired knowledge and skills to their clubs and fellow ride leaders. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email [email protected] for more details regarding course content or potential upcoming course dates.
Currently Schedule Clinic dates for 2021 are:
- Sunday February 28, 2021 at 10am to 2pm
- Monday March 29, 2021 at 6pm to 9pm
- Thursday April 08, 2021 at 6pm to 9pm
All three courses are being run on Zoom.