Club / Associate Business Member Affiliation Package
OCA Clubs and Teams are required to affiliate annually. Prior to affiliating, it is important to read the complete affiliation package for your type of cycling organization. Clubs and Teams are expected to abide by the terms and conditions in the relevant document once affiliated.
Associate Business Member Affiliation Package (For Private Groups)
Once the Club/Team Affiliation Package document has been reviewed and understood, the club/team can complete their affiliation application on-line.
- Not-for-Profit Member Owned Clubs – CLICK HERE
- Private Clubs/Groups – CLICK HERE
- Private Racing Teams/ Supporting Business – CLICK HERE
The main responsibilities of an OCA Member Owned Club include:
- Maintaining an active Board of Directors as elected by the members of the club and hold an annual AGM
- Having an open membership
- Maintaining its not-for-profit status
- Reporting of the club’s membership to the OCA as requested
- Ensuring all members have sufficient insurance coverage to participate in club activities through the purchase of an OCA Membership for that calendar year’s Club Activities.
- Ensuring members show proof of OCA Membership (Affiliate Club Membership, Citizen Permit or UCI License) at all club activities
- Ensuring the club has adequate bylaws, policies and guidelines that are transferable from one executive to the next.
- Ensuring club members are aware of all policies and rules of the club and follow these rules
- Ensuring members are aware of the insurance program that comes with OCA membership and what items are covered and which aren’t under the program.
- Providing a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for members at both social activities, rides and club member events.
- Ensure that all coaches, club personnel, chaperones and volunteers adhere to the guidelines set by the Responsible Coaching Movement.
Other important documents can be found at the Club Forms and Literature section including:
- Club Try-Out Program Information (2022 Program Pending)
- OCA Sport Injury Report Form
- Certificate of Insurance Request Form (2022 Form Pending)
- Member Waivers
- Example Club Ride/Activity Guidelines
- Provincial Ride Guidelines
- Risk Management Slideshow
If you have other questions on the affiliation process or how to get started, please contact the OCA office.