Ontario Cycling (OC) would like to congratulate Andrew Paradowski for his selection to the OCA officials Committee as the General Member.
An Ontario cycling member since 1994, Andrew became an Ontario cycling official in 2009 and has since advanced to the level of Elite National Track Commissaire. He is also a National level commissaire in Road, MTB, and Cyclo-Cross.
Andrew’s experience as a cycling Commissaire, past rider, member of several Sport Organizing Committees (Pan Am Games, Invictus Games), and owner of ARC Event Management, will be a valuable addition to the committee over the next two years.
OC would like to thank all candidates that applied and support their continued efforts in the sport.
OC Officials Committee’s mandate is to act as an advisory committee that supports the organization, development, evaluation, and assignments of officials in Ontario. The committee is comprised of five (5) members which include:
|Chair – assigned OCA staff member||Events Coordinator, Nic Mejia Events Manager, Jenelle Herbert|
|Road Lead Commissaire||Brad Day|
|Off-Road Lead Commissaire||Jeff Kerton|
|Track Lead Commissaire||Anne Cobban|
|General Member||Andrew Paradowski|
Members of the committee are accountable to the CEO for carrying out its mandate in a way that contributes to the achievement of goals set out in the strategic plan, is consistent with organizational values, and policies, and falls within the approved annual budget.
Roles of the committee include:
- Assist in the planning for the ongoing recruitment and development of Officials.
- Review UCI/CC rule changes and recommend appropriate Provincial rule changes.
- Enforce applicable standards for OC sanctioned events.
- Develop program guidelines and procedures related to the development, assignment, and evaluation of officials.
- Form and participate on advisory sub-committees to work on specific aspects of the Committee’s mandate.
For more information on the OC Official Committee please refer to the attached Operational Policy.