Purpose: To provide youth-focused clubs/teams the opportunity to bring in a technical expert to run a camp/clinic for their athletes and coaches.
In previous years, the OCA has organized a number camps, across all cycling disciplines, using a variety of coaches and technical experts. While there are plans to offer these types of camps, we recognize that clubs may have specific areas of interest that they would like to further develop (for coaches or athletes). This could be focusing on a specific technical skill [eg. MTB drops] or introducing a new cycling sport into the clubs [eg. cyclo-cross]. The intention of the grant is to utilize the expertise that is available within the province, increase opportunities for knowledge sharing, and help clubs enhance their training delivery.
- Clubs/teams must be registered with the OCA
- All participants must be members in good standing with the OCA
- Clubs must be youth focused and or have a youth focused program [under the age of 19]
- Camp requests must have a minimum of 8 participants
- Clubs can apply for up to $400.00 towards the following eligible expenses:
- Coach/expert fees
- Coach/expert travel
- Facility rental/admission fees
- Complete online application HERE by April 1, 2021
- Applications will be reviewed and applicants notified by April 10, 2021
- OCA will assist in securing an expert should the club not have a specific coach they would like to work with
- Clubs run camp
- OCA will arrange payment directly to the expert and/or to club for facility cost
This initiative is supported by the Tony Osborne Memorial Youth Fund.