- This event has passed.
Para-Cycling Solstice Camp
June 25 - June 26
Team Ontario Para-cycling Niagara Solstice Training Camp
June 25 & 26 2022, Niagara Ontario
Cost: Free (must be an Ontario Cycling member)
Goal: Deliver a high-quality athlete-centered training camp to align with specific preparation as part of a combined project for preparation of the upcoming World Cup in Quebec City in August.
The Ontario Cycling Association will be hosting a Camp to focus with athletes registered and working within the 2022 Ontario Cycling Para-Cycling program. Focus will be on aerobic capacity polishing with building work in threshold areas.
The camp staff will work with personal coaches to ensure training aligns with the athlete’s annual training plan and overall preparation towards key performance events. Coaching staff will be on all rides and work with individual athletes on building their skills and volume for the upcoming race summer.
- To refine athlete race skills utilizing high effort/low duration climbs and high-speed cornering
- To provide an opportunity for large volume building with low intensity
Staff and Support
Lead Coach/Project Lead – Blaine Betzold [email protected]
Coach + Ride Leader – Matt Steeve
- have reviewed, understood, and abide by ALL COVID-19 Protocols outlined in this document and attached Appendices
- communicate/respond to the project coaches prior to the camp regarding any health issues/changes, disruptions to their training, and any general concerns [non-disclosure of injuries which place the athlete and project at risk may be subject to OCA Discipline Policy]
- be respectful of all project coaches and athletes.
- be prepared for the volume of training taking place
- arrive fully prepared with appropriate clothing, bike tools, extra-parts, and functional bike
- adhere to the OCA Code of Conduct at all times
Any deviations from the above could result in athletes being sent home from the camp at their cost and the infraction being submitted through the OCA Discipline and Complaint process
Athletes will be responsible for arranging their own accommodations for the camp. Daily starting point will be approximately Lakeshore road and Bunting road in St. Catharines Ontario for Saturday and Hwy 20/ Haist street in Font Hill on Sunday.
Schedule of Events
Saturday June 25
10:00 am Athletes arrive on location to meet their ride leader and start their planned ride.
Sunday June 26
10:00 am Athletes arrive at the designated meeting location and work in their specific groups on threshold and skill polishing