- This event has passed.
Canada Summer Games Application Deadline
The Summer Canada Games is a two-week multi-sport event taking place every four (4) years. Athletes represent their province with the provincial sport organizations having the responsibility to select the athletes to represent Ontario in their respective sport. In 2022, the Canada Games will be held in the Niagara Area and include the sports of Mountain Bike [XCO, Team Relay, Eliminator] and Road Cycling [Time Trial, Road Race, Criterium].
MTB – 3 Men, 3 Women
Road – 5 Men, 5 Women
The Canada Games provide one of the few opportunities for developing athletes to experience a “Games” setting. Athletes will learn to adhere to overall Games protocols, live in an Athletes Village with shared-multisport accommodations, experience opening/closing ceremonies, and having their performance contribute to Ontario’s point total to capture the Canada Game’s Flag [overall highest scoring province).
The OCA is currently preparing criteria for Team Ontario selections based on several considerations – including recognizing the challenges of working across multiple age categories and identifying non-conflicting competitions as schedules are released. In the meantime, and to help us plan more effectively, we would like to get a better idea of what athletes are interested in being considered for Canada Games selection. Some important items to be aware of before applying.
- You must have been born between 2001 and 2006
- You must be fully vaccinated 14 days prior to the start of the games
- You must be available for the entire event and compete in all races (this is a team event and points are accumulated from each athlete from each event). Athletes who qualify are able to be considered for both road and MTB disciplines (please indicate in the application that you are interested in both.
- You may be required to attend a training camp or trials in the lead up to the games. [Dates to be made available shortly]
- Athletes must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents. A permanent resident is defined as someone who has been granted permanent residency prior to the start of the Opening Ceremony.
Please complete the expression of interest form by January 30th LINK TO APPLICATION
Any questions or concerns please contact : [email protected]