Goal: To prepare targeted MTB athletes for Canada Cup #1 and #2, specifically U19 and U23 athletes capable of qualifying for World Championships.
Overview: Emphasis will be on with targeted skills advancement and race activation including focused skills practice at race pace. Due to the lack of domestic racing opportunities in the last 15 months, athletes will be put through high intensity race simulation opportunities (pending provincial protocols) in various elements of a typical race course.
Application and Selection Criteria
Due to group size restrictions, these camps will be focused on identified athletes demonstrating the potential for qualifying for U19/U23 World Championships or within the top 5 in U17. The camp will be limited to 10 participants and should space be available, athletes will be considered upon application (see below).
Athletes must hold an OCA issued UCI License, previous race experience [at O-Cup level or higher] be committed to attending the Canada Cups, and be eligible to represent Canada at the World Championships [U19/U23].
Interested athletes are asked to apply HERE by June 13, 2021 [OHPSI athletes are not required to apply and will be contacted regarding their interest directly by the Provincial Coach].
- OHPSI identified athletes [automatic invite]
- U19 Athletes with top 5 finish at 2019 U17 Canadian MTB Championships or Canada Cup
- U23 Athletes with a top 10 finish at 2019 U19 or U23 Canadian MTB Championships or Canada Cup
- U17 Athletes with a top 10 finish at 2019 U17 Canadian MTB Championships (as upgraded U15s)
- Athletes [U17/U19/U23] based on coach recommendation – consideration towards race experience/results & demonstrated training since 2020.