- This event has passed.
2021/2022 Ontario Provincial Track Championships
March 4 - March 6
Ontario Cycling Association (OCA) is proud to present the 2022 Track Provincial Championships, held at the Mattamy National Cycling Centre in Milton, Ontario. This event is the premier track event that represents the best of track cycling, drawing top riders from each discipline and age group to Milton for the three-day event. The official Technical Guide covers the relevant rules and procedures for the 2022 Track Provincial Championship events.
Technical Guide CLICK HERE
DATE & LOCATION
Friday, Saturday, Sunday March 4th-6th 2022
Mattamy National Cycling Centre – 2015 Pan Am Blvd. Milton, Ontario L9E 0K7
- This event is pre-registration only.
- As this is a Provincial Championship event, registration is prioritized and open only to Ontario Residents until Wednesday February 23rd at NOON after which registration will then open up for out of province riders
- A 24-rider cap has been placed on the bunch race events (Scratch, Elimination, Points). Register early to reserve your spot. No other registration caps will be implemented for the competition weekend.
- Registration closes on Tuesday, March 1st at 12:00 PM – NOON.
- Only 2022 Ontario Provincial Race License and UCI Licensed riders may compete. Out of province/country riders, along with approved upgraded U15s are welcome, subject to availability.
- A rider must withdraw prior to the end of registration in order to be eligible to receive a refund. Once the registration period has ended, refunds are no longer available.
- All refunds are subject to a non-refundable processing fee (variable based on transaction value) plus a CCN refund administration fee.
- If an athlete withdraws from the event on race day, they are not eligible for a refund and the rider must inform the Chief Commissaire of their withdrawal. Failure to notify the Chief Commissaire may result in a fine.
- OCA reserves the right to issue refunds in other rare and exceptional cases. Injury, loss/change of employment, or a move away from town such that the participant can no longer attend, will NOT be considered.
- Riders must enter their National Age Category, regardless of previous upgrades
- Categories may be combined based on number of entries or at the discretion of the OCA
- Some categories have already been combined as listed in the schedule below due to historically low numbers to provide the best racing experience for all athletes
- It is recommended that a minimum of ten (10) riders be registered within each bunch race category for categories to stand as listed
- Medals will still be awarded to each of the combined categories
Schedule and Distances
***Please note Saturday/Sunday Scheduled Events have changed as of Feb 23 2022***
- Only team-identified personnel are permitted in the in-field, at the sole discretion of the OCA
- A maximum of (5) personnel per club is permitted while attempting to minimize gathering
- Independent riders are permitted one (1) support person
- Club presidents or identified representatives must pre-register personnel by March 3rd, 2022 by sending an email to [email protected]
- All team personnel are required to check-in at registration for an in-field wristband
- Access to the infield / restricted area / mixed zone / venue with a camera, Go-Pro or anything else besides a mobile to create media content such as pictures, videos, or journalistic texts will need to obtain accreditation from the Ontario Cycling Association.
- The journalist’s name and contact details (email address, mobile number) must be submitted via email to [email protected] by 12:00 pm the day prior to the competition event in order to apply for accreditation.
- The clubs and participants are responsible for the conduct of their infield personnel and must ensure compliance with the OCA Code of Conduct and policies which includes both sporting rules as well as masking/distancing
COVID-19 RULES & REGULATIONS
- All 2021/2022 Track Events will follow government imposed masking, distancing and sanitizing protocols
- All attendees at the event are expected to wear a mask at all times except when:
- Engaged in the sporting activity (ie. On the track, on rollers)
- Actively eating or drinking
- Masking and distancing rules apply to all attendees including athletes, coaches, volunteers, staff, Commissaires and photographers
- In-field access will be monitored and limited to necessary personnel
- COVID-19 policies and procedures including distancing and masking will be followed during awards ceremonies for all athletes, photographers, coaches, staff, spectators and volunteers
YOUTH UPGRADE REQUESTS
- At the Provincial Championships, unlike Ontario Cup racing, athletes must race in the National age category on their license regardless of previous upgrades
- 2nd year U15 riders subject to upgrade policy may be eligible for an upgrade to race U17, subject to availability
- All upgrade requests must be submitted to the upgrade committee as per the upgrade policy by Tuesday, February 22nd at 12:00 PM – NOON
- The approval of an upgrade to race provincials does not ensure a spot will be available if fields are filled
- Upgrade policy documents are available on the OCA website under forms and literature