This year’s MTB OCup Series will be a little different than in the past. Due to the current COVID-19 situation in the province of Ontario, the Ontario Cycling Association and OCup Series organizers have been focusing on developing event formats that promote safe opportunities for participants to take part in. These event formats take into consideration the Government of Ontario regulations as well as health expert recommendations.
The 2021 MTB OCup Series format has been developed based on expectations that current regional restrictions will allow public gathering numbers of up to 100 individuals per session at the time of the event. The Ontario Cycling Association, Pulse Racing, Superfly Racing and Angry Johnny Racing are taking every precaution by consulting local Public Health authorities. For the latest updates and status of events, please be sure to check the OCA Events Calendar.
The currently planned 2021 MTB OCup Series will see some notable changes. These include:
- Categories* will be open to participants with a 2021 UCI Race License or OCA issued Citizen Permit (must have a MTBXC code on it)
- Events will be run under an Individual Rider Start Format (XCT)
- Multiple sessions will be held over 2 days to meet Government public gathering restrictions
- COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols In-Place
- Mask wearing when not racing
- See Event Technical Guide for special details
- Physical Distancing requirement of minimum 2m throughout venue (exception for those in same household)
- Event Pre-Screening check-in process required
- COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocol Personnel On-Site for each event
- Pre-Registration Only
- There will be a maximum of 100 participant spots per race session, to a maximum of 400 available for each Ontario Cup event. (subject to Government restrictions)
- Priority will be given to XC OCup Season Pass Holders first
- No Individual Event Prizing/Podiums
*More information regarding what categories are eligible for which day’s session will be available in the coming weeks. Note organizers may decide to run a pre-ride should they choose in advance of an event. Check the event’s Technical Guide for more information on this.
Important Upcoming Dates:
XC OCup Season Pass Registration Opens: June 02, 2021 at Noon ET
(Exclusive for Youth Categories Only)
XC OCup Season Pass Registration Opens: June 09, 2021 at Noon ET
(All remaining categories)
XC OCup Season Pass Registration Closes: July 12th, 2021 at Noon ET
(or until sold out )
Individual OCup Event Sales: July 13th at Noon ET
Individual Event Sales Closing: Monday before event @ Noon
For events cancelled as a result of Government imposed restrictions, registrants will be provided a full refund at end of 2021 Series.
REGISTRATION LINK: CLICK HERE
OCA Refund Policy:
If the race or series is cancelled by the organizer or the Ontario Cycling Association a 100% refund including CCN fees will be issued.
If a participant withdraws from the race more than 14 days before, they are eligible for a full refund minus CCN fees.
If withdrawing between 7 and 14 days before a race, they are eligible for a 50% refund minus CCN fees.
There will be no refunds if participants need to withdraw within 7 days of the race taking place.